What is the difference between COD and prepaid orders?
What is COD?
- COD (Cash on Delivery) is a type of transaction in which the recipient makes payment for good at the time of delivery instead of having to pay before receiving the goods (online payment).
- This type of transaction usually takes place through a shipping company and allows both the seller and the buyer of the product to minimize the risk of fraud or default.
- The purchaser remits payment to the shipping company, which then relays the payment back to the seller.
What are Prepaid orders?
- Prepaid is a type of transaction in which the recipient makes payment for the goods during the time of purchase through the internet upon check-out.
- Prepaid payment will normally reflect as Credit Card/Debit Card, Ipay88, Paypal or vouchers under payment method in your Seller Center account.
There will be two types of payment upon every purchase :
- Prepaid : item delivered by Skynet, Gdex, Poslaju, etc.
- COD (Cash on delivery) : item delivered by Taqbin
The image below will give you a better understanding about these types of payment.
To learn more please visit Lazada University as we offer free tutorials about shipping.