What is the difference between COD and prepaid orders?
What is COD?
- COD (Cash on Delivery) is a type of transaction in which the recipient makes payment for good at the time of delivery instead of having to pay before receiving the goods (online payment).
- This type of transaction usually takes place through a shipping company and allows both the seller and the buyer of the product to minimize the risk of fraud or default.
- The purchaser remits payment to the shipping company, which then relays the payment back to the seller.
What are Prepaid orders?
- Prepaid is a type of transaction in which the recipient makes payment for the goods during the time of purchase through the internet upon check-out.
- Prepaid payment will normally reflect as Credit Card/Debit Card, Ipay88, Paypal or vouchers under payment method in your Seller Center account.
There will be two types of payment upon every purchase :
- Prepaid : item delivered by Skynet, Gdex, Poslaju, etc.
- COD (Cash on delivery) : item delivered by Taqbin
The image below will give you a better understanding about these types of payment.
To learn more, please visit Lazada University to watch video tutorials and to download online materials.
If you're new in Lazada, join our New Seller Workshop!
We're bringing our top sellers to share their secret tips & tricks with you.